Province adds seven new webcams to island highways
Apr 25 2012
The provincial government is adding seven new web cameras to Vancouver Island highways.
The cameras let drivers view real-time weather and traffic conditions on busy roadways through the DriveBC website.
The new cameras will be located at:
• Trans-Canada Highway and Admirals/McKenzie in Saanich
• Trans-Canada Highway and Colwood Interchange in View Royal
• Trans-Canada Highway and Cobble Hill/Cowichan Lake Road
• Highway 4 and the Tofino/Ucluelet junction
• Highway 14 east of Port Renfew
• Highway 19 and Highway 30 south of Port Hardy
• Highway 19 at French Creek
Existing cameras already broadcast on the Malahat, in Goldstream Park, near Bamberton, on the Port Alberni summit, Sutton Pass, Sooke, the Pat Bay Highway, Campbell River, Courtenay, Parksville, Nanaimo and Gold River.
The DriveBC web cams are located at: