What's on The Zone @ 91-3 ::

Link

Login

Re:fresh Friday @ Upstairs Cabaret
Soft Wear Wednesdays @ Upstairs Cabaret
Fever Fridays @ V-Lounge (Live Entertainment) @ V-Lounge
Uptown Saturdays @ V-Lounge @ V-Lounge
MONKEY WRENCH @ Darcys @ Darcy's Pub

Saanich man in hospital after kitchen fire

Jul 30 2012

One man was taken to hospital with minor burns Sunday night after a kitchen fire in his Saanich home.

Saanich firefighters were called to the home in the 100 block of Lurline Avenue around 6:30 p.m. for reports of a fire.

When they arrived, the home owner had escaped but smoke was pouring from the single-storey home, Saanich Fire said in a press release.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze in the kitchen, which was caused by over-heated cooking oil. The man was taken to hospital with minor burns.

Saanich Fire did not have a damage estimate.