What's on The Zone @ 91-3 ::

Link

Login

Justin Hewitt ft. Nadine @ Darcys @ Darcy's Pub

Fire appears to be accidental

Aug 08 2012

The fire that gutted a home in Cedar on Sunday appears to have started accidentally, said Percy Tipping, chief of the North Cedar Volunteer Fire Department, on Tuesday.

The blaze started on or near the deck outside the home on Emma Way in Cedar, he said. While the barbecue was involved, Tipping said "it was secondary to the actual fire."

The couple that owns the home was away, but neighbours rescued three teenagers sleeping inside at the time of the blaze.

Tipping commended the quick action of the neighbours, saying it "certainly prevented injury to the occupants."